The Federal Government announced on 5th May 2011 that the Solar Credits multiplier (on the first 1.5 kW of any system) would be reduced to 3-times multiplier after midnight on 30 June 2011. The original arrangements for the scheme were that the multiplier would reduce to 4-times multiplier after 30 June 2011.
PV systems that have been sold prior to 5 May 2011 and installed after 30 June 2011 may still be eligible to receive the 4-times multiplier. The Governments intends to add transitional arrangements to the Regulations for those who meet the following criteria:
1. Compliance with all existing Solar Credits eligibility requirements
2. Written contract of the sale entered into before 5 May 2011, stating:
- The customer’s name
- Installation address
- Name and address of supplier
- Brand, model and total capacity of both the panels and the inverter
3. Documentary evidence that a deposit for the system was paid by the customer before 5 May 2011
4. A Statutory Declaration confirming possession of these documents and records maintained according to RET legislation.
We expect further details of ORER’s requirements for these arrangements to be announced shortly.
CLICK HERE to see the Government’s Solar Credits Fact Sheet for further information.